Members can take advantage of several types of savings and investment accounts from Sentry Credit Union. Regular savings, Piggy Bank and Christmas Club accounts are available.
Regular savings can be used for setting aside your funds until you need them. These funds are available to you at anytime. Piggy Bank and Christmas Club accounts can be used to save for a specific purpose or special event.
A Security Money Market Account requires a minimum balance, has certain transaction restrictions, but pays a higher dividend than a regular savings account.
Term share certificates of deposit require a minimum deposit to open, are on deposit for a set period (from 6 months up to 5 years), have penalties for early withdrawal, but pay a higher dividend than regular savings and money market accounts.
All deposits at Sentry Credit Union are federally insured to $250,000 by NCUA, a US government agency.
A $5.00 deposit in a Share Savings Account starts your membership in Sentry Credit Union. Dividends are earned daily, compounded and posted quarterly. As a Member, you are a owner, with profits being returned to you in the form of dividends on your Share Savings Account. Check out our Rates, then request a Share Savings Account Application today!
Security Money Market Account
Earn a higher dividend rate with a Security Money Market Account from SCU. Feature of this account include:
- High daily dividend rate that is paid weekly
- Low initial required deposit of $2,000
- Low minimum average daily balance of $1,000 required to avoid $3.00 below minimum balance fee
- Withdrawals/transfers must be minimum of $250 — there are no restrictions on deposits
- Some restrictions apply to the number of checks/internet banking transfers per month (ask for details or refer to account disclosure).
- There are no restrictions on the number of counter withdrawals, but they must be at least $250 or more.
This is a great account to put money into that you don’t need access to on a regular basis, but don’t want to tie it up as long as a term share certificate of deposit.
As with all deposits at the Credit Union, the Security Money Market Account is federally insured up to $250,000 by NCUA, a US government agency.
Check out our rates, then request a Security Money Market Account Application today!
Piggy Bank Account
This account can be set up for any special purpose you want to save money for. Save for that fabulous vacation, extra money for an upcoming graduation, or a wedding in the family. The account pays the same dividend rate as a share savings account. There are no restrictions on transactions, so you could take the the money out anytime you want to.
Christmas Club Account
The Christmas Club Account runs from October to the end of September. Funds will be transferred into your savings or checking account on the first of each October. This gives you plenty of time to take advantage of those early season bargains. The Christmas Club features:
- Convenient payroll deduction — makes saving automatic and painless
- Same rate as regular share savings
- No penalty if you close the Club prior to the end of September (may lose earned, but unpaid dividend)
- Start Club anytime you want
Get a Christmas Club Account from SCU for happier holidays!
Kirby Kangaroo Kids Account
This account is for our Members up to age 13 years. The account pays the same dividend as a regular share savings account, but it has these features:
- Quarterly Kirby Kangaroo Newsletter Mailed to Club Member
- Birthday Card with Gift Mailed to Club Member
- Holiday Gift Mailed to Club Member
- Link to Kirby Kangaroo Website with news and activities specially developed for Club Members
Open an account for your child so they can take advantage of these features while building good savings habits — something they’ll thank you for in the future. New Club Members get a special gift upon account opening.
Get a Kirby Account set up for your child today!
Term Share Certificates
If you would like a better yield on your money, look into a Term Share Certificate of Deposit. Term Share Certificates earn a higher annual percentage yield than regular Share Savings because your money is locked into the certificate for a given period of time. These dividends are earned daily, compounded and posted quarterly. (Six month term share certificates pay dividends at maturity.)
Attractive market rates are paid on your deposits. Length of deposits range from 6 months to 5 years. Minimum deposit of $500 with higher rates paid on deposits of $10,000 or more.
Learn about “Customiser” coupons. With a qualifying Term Share Certificate, you can increase your rate and/or make additional deposits. Whatever option you use with a “Customiser” coupon, the original maturity of the Term Share Certificate remains the same.
Check out our Rates, then request a Term Share Certificate Account Application today!